Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chapman University, Orange CA

I like to pretend that airplanes take me to another planet, as opposed to another part of earth. Nearly nowhere is such a ruse as convincing as California. Palm trees and cedars in place of evergreens and maples. Friendly folk in place of no-time-to-say-hi-I-have-to-go. In-and-Out Burger in place of Dunkin' Donuts. It truly is another place entirely.














 



I'm at Chapman University today, and it's lovely. It's finals time, so the library is packed with students, and to my delight, the library tables are packed with cookies and coffee. Chapman has a beautifully landscaped, open campus that welcomes visitors. They're readying for commencement.

















 
I spent the night with my friend Hanh. She's pretty neat, although I wish she spent fewer 12-hour-days at work and more time pursuing something creative.
























Hanh suggested I do lunch at centrally located Bruxië, a local chain renowned for its tasty waffle conglomerations. Their chicken 'n waffle didn't disappoint. I'll have to return here. For EVERY MEAL.


















It appears, however, that not everyone agrees:


No comments:

Post a Comment