At last night's Night Sky show, the park ranger said, "If anyone wants to catch sunrise tomorrow, it's at 5:07am. But, heh, who's up that early?"
So I caught the sunrise. My friend Carrie, who lives in the area, recommended that I hike the Notch Trail, so I did that. The trail was not well-marked, and if I was a cat (the jury's out on that one. I do love chasing plump mice), then I very easily would have lost at least three lives hiking up and down the buttes. Saw some amazing natural beauty, so I guess sliding down a pebbly incline on my rear was worth it. Probably.
After two days of driving for something like 25 hours per day, I plan to spend the night close by, in the shadow of a mountain supposedly considered sacred by local tribes. Can't wait!
Wyoming tomorrow. Yee haw.








No comments:
Post a Comment